Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dew on the Fleece (4th Day 46)


Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. (Judges 6:39)

This was Gideon's request for the Lord to show him just one more sign that the Lord God would deliver Israel from the hands of the Midianites, et al. (especially if Gideon was going to be the one to do so.) Gideon goes on to say,
"Allow me one more test with the fleece. This time make the fleece dry and the ground covered with dew." That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered with dew. (Judges 6:39-40)

How often do we doubt the Lord and ask him to show us just one more time? I've been telling you that I have had a decision to make. For a lot of reasons, it's been a decision that has required a lot of contemplation. It's been a decision about changing jobs, which the psychologists say is one of those major life stress events. More so, I will be leaving a great boss.


I've sought the Lord in this matter and He has given me clear direction as to which way to go. However, I've still had my doubts, so I kept asking the Lord to show me a sign. Even after making my decision, I wanted to know if it was the right decision. Much like Gideon, I keep asking for another sign.

How patient God must be! I keep praying and asking, and He keeps saying "take the job." "Are you sure?" I ask. "How do you like the traffic today?" He says. "Not very much," I say. (You see, the new job will let me take the commuter bus and metro to work, avoiding the 270 hell I face every day. Hmmm, do you ever wonder what hell would be like? I think I have a good idea.)

Anyway, I've made my decision (or have decided to cooperate with the Lord's direction) to take the new job. I've said before that God puts us where he wants us (I have more to say about that, but I will save it for another day) and I feel totally good about the decision.

How patient the Lord must be with us...just one more request.

De Colores,
Bill
WV88

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home