Sunday, November 06, 2005

Resist the devil (4th Day 49)

Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. (James 4:7-8)

Pray for my church. It is under spiritual attack that is so subtle that it is unnoticed. The devil is a trickster. He will encourage us to become casual toward worship. He will distract us from the mission of the church. He will have us focus on doing many good things (don't think for a moment the devil will not use good to achieve evil, because he will use whatever he can to fight against God--even seemingly good things), when we should focus first on seeking God's face in the things we do. And while the church is to help those in need, Jesus said, "You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me." (John 12:8)
Seek the Will of God as He reveals it through His Word and prayer.

You are probably thinking, "Whoa, Bill! What's going on? You're over the edge now." And to be honest, I don't know what's going on, but I feel something is amiss. I feel that the saints of God are under attack.

I love my church. It has been a place of worship that allows me to sing before the Lord with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. But I feel that Satan is putting stumbling blocks before the feet of the saints that make my church what it is. I feel something is wrong or out of place and I don't know what it is. That's why my first line of defense is to pray, and why I am asking you to pray as well.

I started this message with the verse in James telling us to resist the devil and to come close to God. I personally have found that resisting the devil and seeking God's face to be very effective. The devil is now trying a different approach to attack the saints of God and I pray that you will help me with your prayers for my church.

Hello, my name is Bill Adams and I attend Middletown United Methodist Church, but I worship the Lord everywhere. I started my Emmaus Walk with West Virginia 88 and am in my 49th 4th Day; I sat at the table of Luke the Physician. {clap}

De Colores,
Bill
WV88

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home