Monday, October 03, 2005

Our Fifteenth 4th Day


Back to the ole grind today. It's hard to remember that I'm doing it for the Lord sometimes, but I'm working on it. Pray for me that I won't forget that God has put me where he wants me, and that I have a mission to do.

I was touched by something my pastor, Susan Halse, said yesterday. You see, we took up a collection for a small Christian school in Burma. I don't remember how much it was, but whatever we gathered and sent, it was a fortune to them. Probably not enough to get one of those widescreen high definition TVs, but enough to make the little school rich.

In a letter back to us, the teacher said that the village was praying for our congregation--PRAYING FOR US! How odd that sounded. Here we are taking for granted things that would be wealth beyond imagination for the people of the village and they were praying for US and we should have been praying for THEM. It was really humbling. Makes me feel a little foolish.

So, when I'm hating my commute each day, I should really think how ungrateful I'm being that God gives me a good home to drive home to each night. I need to remember that God puts me where he wants me for his Good Will.

God bless,
Bill

De Colores

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home