Friday, November 11, 2005

A Prayer for a Friend (4th Day 54)

Tonight I am going to keep things simple and ask that you pray for the mother of a classmate of mine. I probably haven't seen this comrade in over 25 years, but he has reached out to a community of old soldiers (I'm old and I'm a veteran) asking their prayers for his mother.

My friend is Jim Wells. His mother is Jean Wells and she have very aggressive cancer. Here's a note from him when I inquired about her health.

We just got some test results today. Mom has an aggressive cancer. They chose not to discuss how much time she had. They will begin a chemo program soon. Sad to say not much positive to report but I will not quit praying, I will continue my belief in God's will be done. Thank you for asking and keeping my mom, Jean, in your prayers. You are truly a brother in Christ. Jim Wells

Jim is a Christian, and as brothers and sisters of faith, it is right that we offer our prayers as well for a brother who asks. God listens to our prayers and it is good that we should pray for others. I pray that God will reveal His love and mercy in comforting and sustaining Jim and his mother and all who are close to them.

If you wish to drop Jim a note to say you have him and his mother in your prayers, his email is Valor79@aol.com.

De Colores,
Bill
WV88

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home