Wednesday, November 30, 2005

4th Day 73

Dear brothers and sisters,

I pray that you are well. (And not too stressed out yet!)

As I have written, I am now commuting by train from Frederick to Washington, and that has removed a lot of stress from my daily life. This change for me has been a blessing. It gives me the opportunity to read, think, pray and doze. But it also exposes me to a lot of other people. While I am not dealing with the crazies on the roads (and I was one of those "crazies"), it has opened my eyes a little to others.

The last part of my commute to work is by bus for 10 or 11 blocks. Traveling by bus in DC brings you in contact with people who are struggling every day to live in the city. There are some severely handicapped people (either physically or emotionally) that struggle. You see that on the bus. But the interesting thing is that those riding the bus seem to be kinder and more tolerant of each other than what I saw on the roads. In addition to that, any bus driver in DC ought to be nominated for sainthood for the patience they have.

As I continue this 4th Day Walk, I find that I am continually learning new things. I don't think our job for Christ is ever done--either in the sanctification process or in service to Him. And, thank Jesus for that! How empty life would be without such a purpose. But that purpose is not just going to work, it is in going home, as well--going home to family.

Don't forget to pray for each other during this season. Don't forget the real meaning of Christmas. And don't forget your continuing walk!

De Colores,
Bill
WV88

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home