Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Our Second 4th Day

Dear Brothers,

May the Peace of our Lord Jesus be with you!

Well, I sinned only about 100 times today, most of which was during my morning and evening commute. Since I live in Middletown (Maryland) and work in Falls Church (Virginia), there are ample opportunities for that Ole Devil to distract me from God's Will (that is the definition of sin, isn't it?).

Seriously, what I am discovering is that when I am under stress or fatigued (like in a hurry or really tired), I am my weakest in resisting the Devil. I had some less than nice thoughts about a couple of idiots (oops!) other drivers. I guess the important thing is to recognize these situations and confront them. Scripture tells us (somewhere) to resist the Devil and he will flee us.

At the peak of tonights frustrating commute, I looked in my mirror and there was a lady with a front license plate that said "Jesus". (She was not one of the irritating drivers.) Was it coincidence? I calmed down after that.

And since it is getting late, I'm going to rest.

Your brother in Christ,
Bill Adams
WV88

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home